Meganisi is truly one of the most beautiful, undeveloped and traditional islands in the Ionian. With crystal clear azure waters, peaceful, often deserted beaches and taverna owners whose attitude to ‘philoxenia’ (friendliness to strangers) surpasses any on other islands.
Villa Daphne and Mytro are hilltop villas built in one of the most beautiful locations the island has to offer. Close to the hillside village of Katomeri (fifteen minutes walk) with its numerous tavernas, the villas are close to one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, Limonari. These villas are built next to a small chapel, Ai Lias, by Tassos and Anthi whose grandfather Epaminondas the local priest, doctor and teacher, on the same land had a threshing floor which was in use for wheat and barley until 1970. Tassos named the villas after his children, Daphne and Myrto.
With a similar layout and totally separate, the villas are tastefully furnished and almost unique on the island for their quality. Built on two floors, each villa has a twin bedroom upstairs with en suite shower room opening to a large roof terrace. The spacious ground floor consists of an open plan living area with dining and a well equipped kitchen and also two bedrooms a double and a twin and a separate bathroom. The outside space is spectacular with shaded terraces, a barbeque, spacious pool terraces and an extraordinary never ending view, that comes to life at nightfall.
The calmness and relaxation one can experience from the villa and the surroundings are second to none.
Due to their popularity we recommend booking early.
- 3 bedroom villa with private swimming pool
- Sleeps 2 – 6
- Private pool: 8m x 4m, depth 1.4m - 1.9m
- Maid service on arrivals day and midweek
- Open plan living-dining room with satellite TV, DVD and CD player
- Open plan fully equipped kitchen with full cooker, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine & coffee machine
- Shaded terrace and sun terrace around pool with built in BBQ
- Bathroom and WC
- Restaurants: 15 mins walk (750m to Katomeri)
- Mini market: 2 mins drive (750m to Katomeri)
- Beach: Limonari Beach - 3 mins drive (1km)
- Vathi: 10 mins drive (3km)
Reference : IIH